What is the Central RST Academy?
The Ready! Set! Transfer! Academy is an National Science Foundation (NSF) funded program that provides tools, support, and scholarships to start and keep you on a pathway to a STEM career!
STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and math. If you are majoring in astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology, math, oceanography, physics or a related field and plan on transferring to a university, then you are a STEM major.
What are the benefits of joining the RST Academy?
- Participate in a learning community of your peers
- Academic support
- Faculty mentors to guide you
- Academic and transfer planning
- Guest speakers from academia and industry
- Field trips to University labs, and to private and public industry labs
- Opportunities for capstone projects (undergraduate research, service learning, leadership, or design-build)
- S-STEM Scholarships
Who is eligible to join the RST Academy?
STEM majors pursuing a transfer degree or intending to transfer are eligible to join the academy. As a member, your responsibilities include:
- Striving to achieve or maintain a quarterly GPA of 3.0
- Meet with your mentor at least twice each quarter
- Participate in two or more RST Academy activities per quarter
- Participate in assessment surveys and activities to help improve the Academy
- Keep the RST Academy advised of changes in contact information
- Participate in activities outlined in the RST Academy membership agreement
- Complete an A.S. degree
How do I join the RST Academy?